When it comes to your home’s heating and air conditioning system, the time for a replacement HVAC may not always be obvious. Usually, people wait until their system dies completely before installing a new unit. However, that isn’t always the best choice.
When Should I Start Thinking About a Replacement?
Here is a list of the five times you may want to consider making an HVAC change:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner’s age is in the double digits. Anything older than ten years is not nearly as efficient or durable as newer models. In other words, you’re living on borrowed time.
- Your furnace or boiler is almost old enough to drive. Units 15 years of age and older can be up 20% less efficient than their modern counterparts.
- You’re on a first-name basis with every HVAC technician within a ten-mile radius. When your system is breaking down on a regular basis, it’s a good sign it might be time to move on. Otherwise, you’ll keep hemorrhaging repair money and never be able to trust your system’s integrity.
- Areas of your home are too hot or too cold. Aging equipment, poor insulation, maintenance issues — all possible causes and all good reasons to get an upgrade.
- Your energy bills keep going up. This is a hallmark of systems struggling to get the job done. They pull in more energy in an attempt to make up the difference, costing you big bucks every month.
Who Can I Call for an Expert Opinion?
Just contact the heating and air conditioning pros here at Spring Valley Air Conditioning, and we will help you figure out whether it’s time to make a change.